As a church community, we are committed to creating long-term partnerships with organizations that are doing good in the name of Jesus in three specific areas to help bridge the gap of inequity: education, family, and prison reform.
There are ongoing, long-term ways to partner with the organizations, as well as one-time event volunteer opportunities.
No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8 NLT
FEATURED OUTREACH EVENT
SECOND CHANCE MONTH
As April is nationally recognized as Second Chance Month, we want to mobilize our church community to advocate for justice-oriented change, a constructive prison culture, and second chances! Practically speaking we can do this by:
- Giving Inside Journal Life Recovery Bibles
Providing a bible to incarcerated men and women that includes devotional content based on the 12-step model helping them recover from addiction.
- Sponsor an in-prison Hope Event
When restrictions are lifted, events featuring speakers and musicians help prisoners with the challenges of prison life, and create a safe place for them to encounter Christ.
- Become a Restoration Partner
Help with providing Christmas gifts, camp events, and more for children of prisoners to show them how much their incarcerated parents care about them.
- Provide new clothing
Help provide confidence for those newly released from prison by providing giftcards to purchase new clothes.
- Host an Outrageous Justice small-group
Designed to awaken Christians to the need for justice that restores, Prison Fellowship will provide all the necessary material for your group.
- Become an Advocate for Second Chance Month
Take up theSecond Chance Challenge.
RISE UNIVERSITY PREPARATORY
Rise University Preparatory is a non-profit Christian school in the Bayview Hunters Point focused on prepping the first generation to college students through creating a model focused on educator stability, rigorous preparation, and community integration.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT RISE PREP
- Virtually tutor a Rise Prep student
- Sponsor a Rise Prep Student
- Be a Rise Prep advocate for CornerstoneSF
Foster the Bay
Foster the Bay is a coalition of churches committed to providing a loving home for every child in foster care.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT FOSTER THE BAY
- Learn more on how to become a foster/resource parent
- Learn more on how to become a Support Friend to a foster family
- Be a Foster the Bay Advocate for CornerstoneSF
- Currently a foster/resource parent and would like church community support
Dedicated to transforming the lives of incarcerated men and women, caring for children and families affected by incarceration, and advocating for restorative justice in the prison system.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT PRISON FELLOWSHIP
- Join CornerstoneSF Outreach team to volunteer and minister at San Quentin State Prison
- Learn more on how to become a Justice Advocate to advocate for cultural change and legislative reform
- Help provide Angel Tree administrative support for CornerstoneSF during the holiday season
- Become a reentry partner/mentor for soon-to-be-released or recently released prisoners
- Join prayer team for prisoners, families, and communities
LIVE IT OUT BLOG
Phil In The BlankTuesdays at 6P
Phil Piserchio takes us on a musical journey as he shares stories from his life, his heart of worship, and some cool songs.
FaithTrackWednesdays at 6P
Discover ways to apply faith to your daily life as Pastor Sam Marcum leads us in practical applications to live it out.
Faith Moments1st & 3rd Thursdays at 8:30A
Odalis Turincio shares her thoughts on living out her faith and how we can grow closer to God.
Experience Easter by hearing a father bring characters to life on stage by reading the bible to his daughter.